Double-click to start typing
Double-click to start typing





We provide comprehensive legal advice and represent our clients in a variety of family and employment immigration matters, including but not limited to, the following:


  • Relative petitions for relatives of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents;

  • Petitions for spouses and fiance(e)s of U.S. citizens;

  • Joint petitions for removal of conditions for married spouses of U.S. citizens;

  • Waivers of joint filing of petitions for removal of conditions for spouses of U.S. citizens upon termination of marriage by divorce or death of a U.S. citizen spouse, due to physical battering and/or extreme mental cruelty, or due to suffering of extreme hardship if returned to home country;

  • Asylee relative petitions for persons who were granted asylum in the United States;

  • Petitions for children in the process of adoption to immigrate to the United States;

  • Applications for Certificates of Citizenship and Applications for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate under Section 322 for children of U.S. citizens born abroad and for children and grandchildren of U.S. citizens residing abroad who meet certain physical presence requirements in the United States.


Nonimmigrant visas H-1B

for skilled workers in positions requiring at least 2 years of training and experience; persons holding at least a Bachelor degree or a foreign degree equivalent; persons holding advanced degrees; other workers in positions requiring less than 2 years of higher education, training, or experience; persons interested in forming start- ups; or fashion models;

Nonimmigrant visas L-1

for multinational executives and managers or persons with specialized knowledge, including intracompany transfers to an existing business entity in the US or to establish a new office in the United States;

Nonimmigrant visas O

for persons with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, education, business, athletics, arts, television, or motion picture industry;

Nonimmigrant visas P

for athletes and persons in the entertainment industry;

Nonimmigrant visas E-1 and E-2

for treaty traders or treaty investors seeking to conduct international trade or engage in business opportunities in the US;

Immigrant visas EB-5

for immigrant investors seeking to engage in a commercial enterprise or invest through approved Regional Centers in the US which will benefit the US economy and help EB-5 investors obtain lawful permanent residence in the US (I-526 petitions; I-829 petitions; consular processing or adjustment of status (green card) applications; business, tax, and estate planning for EB-5 investors immigrating to the US for permanent residence);

Nonimmigrant visas R for religious workers; 

Permanent Labor Certifications (PERM Applications)

with US Department of Labor for certain employment categories, including Schedule A Labor Certifications for professional nurses, physical therapists, persons with exceptional abilities in the sciences or arts, college and university teachers, or persons with exceptional abilities in the performing arts in order to obtain lawful permanent residence in the US;

Immigrant petitions based on certain employment categories to obtain lawful permanent residence in the United States

EB-1 Category - for persons with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics with demonstrated national or international acclaim; for outstanding professors or researchers; or for multinational executives or managers;

EB-2 Category - for persons holding advanced degrees; for persons holding Bachelor degrees and five (5) years of progressive experience in the specialty; for persons with exceptional ability in the sciences, arts (including athletics), or business; or for persons applying for National Interest Waiver (NIW) of Labor Certifications if they hold advanced degrees or have exceptional ability in the sciences, arts, or business;

EB-3 Category - for skilled workers in positions requiring a minimum of 2 years of training or experience; professionals holding Bachelor degrees or foreign degree equivalents; and other workers in positions requiring less than 2 years of higher education, training, or experience;

EB-4 Category - for special immigrants, such as religious workers, broadcasters, Iraqi/Afghan translators; international organization employees; physicians; Armed Forces members; Panama Canal Zone employees; retired NATO-6 employees and spouses and children of deceased NATO-6 employees; and

EB-5 Category - for immigrant EB-5 investors seeking to engage in a commercial enterprise or invest through approved Regional Centers in the US which will benefit the US economy and help EB-5 investors obtain lawful permanent residence in the US (I-526 petitions; I-829 petitions; consular processing or adjustment of status (green card) applications; business, tax, and estate planning for EB-5 investors immigrating to the US for permanent residence).


  • Legal representation of persons who wish to form a Regional Center approved by USCIS pursuant to EB-5 Regional Center Pilot Program extended to September 30, 2015;

  • Assistance with U.S. passport applications, including Reports of Birth Abroad for children born outside the United States to a U.S. citizen parent;

  • Adjustment of status (green card) applications based on family ties to the United States;

  • Applications for naturalization (citizenship);

  • Waivers of inadmissibility and consular representation, including requests for review of consular visa refusals;

  • J visa (exchange visitor) waivers of 2-year home country physical presence requirement based on on-objection statement, Interested U.S. Federal Government Agency request, persecution, exceptional hardship, or CONRAD State 30 Program for foreign medical graduates;

  • Assistance with consular processing of nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applications, including working with National Visa Center;

  • Change of status and extension of status applications in the United States;

  • Immigration appeals;

  • Legal representation in connection with preparation and submission of responses to Requests for Evidence (RFE) issued by USCIS;

  • Attorney review of self-prepared immigration documents; and

  • Immigration consultations to obtain legal advice.

Contact our office today to discuss your immigration options or any questions you may have and we will be more than happy to help you!  



For start-ups or emerging companies, we help owners and stakeholders determine the proper entity form (e.g. Limited Liability Company, Professional Limited Liability Company, Partnership, Corporation, or other types of ownership) and explain the consequences of each form, including certain tax effects.  We will draft governing documents for your business entity, such as an Operating Agreement, Bylaws, Partnership Agreement, or other governing documents depending on the type of a business entity and provide counsel regarding licensure, registration, and other regulatory compliance activities with the federal and state authorities as applicable.


As businesses thrive and grow, we are here to help you create employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, policies, or handbooks as well as provide legal advice regarding governance issues and help stakeholders run a disciplined entity by ensuring that they follow applicable governing documents, hold meetings, and maintain appropriate legal documents as required by law.


We pride ourselves in providing comprehensive suite of legal services to entrepreneurs, start-ups, and established businesses, including planning for appropriate business exit strategies when you decide to sell or restructure your business, have a family member become a part of your business, or pass it to younger generations upon your death.  We enjoy sharing the knowledge we have gained while not only working with our multi-faceted business clients but also being business owners ourselves. Contact our office today for more information!


The term "Probate" means administration of the property ("Estate") of a deceased person by a Personal Representative (also known as Executor).  This person is named in a deceased person's Last Will and Testament under the jurisdiction of one of Washington's county superior courts.  The Estate's Personal Representative is appointed by the court, usually because he or she is named in the Will, or by an interested person asking the court to commence the Probate proceedings.  The administration of a decedent's Estate essentially involves the following steps after the court has appointed the Personal Representative:

  • Marshaling the assets of the Estate (the assembly, securing, valuation, and sorting of the decedent's property);

  • Paying charges of the Estate (last illness and funeral expenses, amounts owed to creditors, taxes, family allowances, and general expenses of administration); and 

  • Distributing what is left to the Estate heirs and beneficiaries (either according to the terms of the decedent's Will or, if there is no Will, according to the Washington State's intestate succession laws). 

Generally, Probate is necessary when a person dies leaving real and personal property in his or her own name (such as a house titled in the name of the decedent, including a community property interest in a house with the decedent's spouse) or having rights to receive certain property (such as a personal injury or a wrongful death claim, or a debt owed to the decedent under the terms of a loan or contract).  However, not all property in which the decedent had an interest will be subject to Probate.  

To that end, in certain cases, a nonprobate procedure may be initiated to avoid a full Probate proceeding known as Adjudication of Testacy when a decedent died with a valid Will, or Adjudication of Intestacy and Heirship when a decedent died without a Will.  We are particularly skilled to assist you with any questions you may have regarding Probate and Estate Settlement issues. We represent heirs, beneficiaries, and fiduciaries in all stages of probate and nonprobate administration of Estates.  Contact our office today for more information! 


Many people think that creating an Estate Plan is too complicated or just too costly to set up.  This is simply not true.  Some people also think that they do not need an Estate Plan until it is too late when their loved ones face challenging problems to transfer assets when one passes away or to access and control assets upon one's disability.

We are here to provide you with comprehensive legal advice and structure your Estate Plan to fit your specific needs to ensure that all of your assets are protected and seamlessly transferred to your loved ones when you pass away, or that your family members can access and control your assets should you become disabled.  Here is a list of legal documents every successful Estate Plan should include:

  • Will and/or Trust depending on your personal and family circumstances, including any special needs that you or your family member may have; 

  • Durable Powers of Attorney for Health Care and Financial purposes;

  • Beneficiary designations for assets passing outside your Will consistent with your overall Estate Plan (such as life insurance policies, Individual Retirement Accounts, other retirement benefits, payable on death beneficiary designations, and similar assets);

  • Health Care Directive to Physicians regarding life support measures, should you become terminally ill or be in a permanent unconscious condition; and

  • List of Tangible Personal Property, should you decide to dispose of certain personal property in a way different from your Will or Trust.

Does your Estate Plan protect your assets and your loved ones?  We have skills and experience to help you properly analyze your personal and financial situation and craft a unique Estate Plan tailored to your specific needs.  Contact our office today for more information!


  • All types of notary services
  • Certified translations (to/from Russian, Ukrainian) of immigration and all other documents
  • Apostilles for Russia, Ukraine, and other foreign states (powers of attorney and all other documents)